What causes weight gain post hemicolectomy?
Hi and thank you for asking.
Usually right hemi colectomy has lose weight and diarrhea as a side effect.
It is not common in my clinical practice to have gain weight after right hemi colectomy especially with normal bowel function.
This is why at your situation I would suggest to do thyroid hormone level like T3, T4 and TSH.
Lower thyroid function is one of the main cause of gain weight.
Another possible cause of your gain weight is related with menopause syndrome.
Please consult with your physician to check the exams that I recommended you.
Hope it was helpful to you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes weight gain while you are on lexapro
- What causes gradual weight gain
- What causes weight gain and fatigue
- What causes weight gain after spinal fusion
- What causes stress and weight gain
- What is the cause and treatment for weight gain
- What are the causes of excessive weight gain
- What hormone causes weight gain
- What causes trouble in gaining weight
- What diseases causes weight gain
- Have Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome due to mild lupus. Have...
- Had sinus infection and prescribed with amox clav. Recommended to have...
- Using anti wrinkle cream with Retinol. Lips peeling and crackling....
- What causes feeling of foul taste coming from stomach when i burp?
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain and vomiting post hip surgery
- Is it normal to have spillage from fistulectomy wound?
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain
- What causes dark stools and itchy anus?
- What causes burning in the upper part of throat?
- What does elevated CA level indicate?