What causes weight gain inspite of being on Effexor for depression?
Yes, such drugs are available for short term use
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
These agents are indicated in patients having BMI of more than 30 kg/m2 or a BMI of 27-30 kg/m2 along with other risk factors such as diabetes mellitus, hyperlipidemia, hypertension. After therapy is stopped, the relapse rate associated with these therapeutic agents is high. The pharmaceutical regimens need to be combined with regular exercise, dietary adjustments to sustain the weight loss. Benzphetamine, Phendimetrazine, Diethylpropion, Phentermine/topiramate combination and Lorcaserin are some of the options that you may discuss with your doctor.
Wishing you best of health
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
Dr. M.S. Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is causing depression sleeplessness and weakness
- What causes relapse of depression
- What causes depression mood swings and weight gain
- What causes depression and weight gain when on primolut
- What causes depression with severe fatigue
- What is the cause and treatment for depression
- Taking suboxone effexor for depression vibration in brain cause
- What causes frequent headache and depression
- What causes depression weegy
- What causes depression and anxiety
- What causes weight gain inspite of being on Effexor for depression?
- What does twinging sensation in and around stomach indicate?
- Suggest treatment for pressure under lower left rib cage
- Suggest treatment for scleroderma
- Is Stematil safe with Sertraline?
- What causes low MPV?
- Does drinking excess water lead to reduced kidney function?
- Does Claritin Redi medication cause lymphadenopathy?
- Can hepatitis-C be contracted through a cut wound in the hand?
- What causes numbness in legs and face after taking steroid injections in...