What causes weakness?
avoid malnutrition, mild exercise.
I am Dr. Prakash HM and I will be answering your query.
Weakness is not related to old age. It indicates unhealthiness and that you should improve your health. As I do not have any specific history, I will give you a generalized opinion.
1. Good food habits - Malnutrition either more or less is the problem. You need to maintain a proper weight for your age.
Anemia (low hemoglobin) is commonly seen, which leads to weakness. Get your hemoglobin levels checked and if low, concentrate on improving it.
2. Mobility - You should always involve yourself in exercise. Even mild can do a world of good. Walking, resistance exercises. Involve in social activities.
3. Sleep - Regular sleeping hours. Abnormal sleeping hours affect health. Night sleep should be eight hours minimum.
4. Medication - Avoid unnecessary medications. You might be on many drugs and there could be interactions. Discuss with your doctor, the necessary drugs.
5. Control of any chronic diseases like hypertension or diabetes. Regular followup and control is essential.
6. Meditation or being cheerful around family, friends etc helps.
Hope it helps.
Any further queries, happy help again.
Dr. Prakash HM
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes weak hips
- What is the cause of weakness and frequent urination
- What causes weak urine flow
- What causes weakness in a toddlers legs
- What causes a person to be weak
- What is cause and remedy for weak erection
- What infection causes weakness in legs
- What causes muscle pain and weakness
- What causes a weak stomach
- What are the causes of arm weakness