What causes weakness while on Bigomet SR 500 for diabetes?

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Diabetes
Question: I am taking BIGOMET SR 500 once daily My sugar levels after taking the medicine is fasting 90 and pp 100 Should I stop taking the medicine as some times I feel weakness
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
I would not suggest you to stop the medication

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome.
I have gone through your query.

I have not examined you, but based on the information, I feel your blood sugar is controlled by these medications, so I would not suggest you to stop it. And definitely not without consulting your physician.
It would be better if you had mentioned your age and sex. Also when do you have weakness?

This provisional advice provided by me is based entirely on the input provided to me. I would suggest examination by the doctor.

I hope this suggestion might be of some help to you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Follow up: Dr. Harish Naik 20 hours later
I am female and 62 years old I feel weakness. After taking medicine and feel it in upper part of my head
I don't have blood sugar history prior to 15 months back when I had frozen shoulder problem which is ok now Except some pain in left shoulder. My Hb1Ac on 6.11.2014 was 6.50.I have come to know that BIGOMET SR 500 causes weakness.I need advice and want to know whether I can stop taking the medicine for a short time of 5 days Whether it will affect my health, specifically metabolism
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Do not stop the medication without consulting your physician

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Welcome.
The drug can cause weakness, but stopping it won't be good idea. I would suggest you eat some food while you have weakness. I would recommend you to go for HB estimation, as anaemia can also present with weakness. I would not suggest you to stop the agent without consulting with your physician, not even for a day, you can discuss about your weakness problem with them.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad