What causes weakness while on Azilect, Levodopa and Carbidopa?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: I have taken carbidopa levodopa for Parkinson's and feel very weak when I take it. What does this indicate about my form of Parkinsonism? Is there any chance that this side effect will go away over time? I also take Azilect. Is there any other medication that might be more effective?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Supportive care

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. With history of parkinsonism and simultaneous use of Dopamine agonists ( caribidopa / levodopa ) and MAO inhibitor rasagiline ( Azilect ) these symptoms of weakness, fatigues, dyskinesia are side effects of the medications and are inevitable. You can consult your neurologist and they can readjust the dose of these meds or try any other type of meds for parkinsonism symptoms and meanwhile provide some thing for supportive care of these weakness symptoms . I can understand parkinsonism can e very bothersome and morbid but compliant use of meds and frequent follow ups with your doctor will take care of you. Be brave !

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan