What causes weakness in spine when diagnosed with chiari 1?
I find that my spine is weak when I lean forward to reading or write.
Hope you can help with some advice.
Exercise to strengthen spinal musculature.
Hello and thanks for using HCM.
I have read your question and understand your concerns.
In your cause, drinking worsens cerebellar symptoms of Chiari I malformation, including imbalance, truncal ataxia and titubation, experienced as spinal column shake, so, there is relation of your concerns with Chiari I malformation.
Certain spine and head positions as bending forward also could worsen Chiari I symptoms.
Advice in your case include avoiding worsening factors, such alcohol, bad position, exercise to strengthen cervical musculature, and, of course, clinical and imaging follow up.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes bulging on upper spine
- What causes brusing on the spine
- Pressure in the spine what could be causing this
- What causes a curved spine
- What causes a jittery spine
- What causes an itchy spine
- What cause your spine to crumble
- What causes a c spine prolapse
- What causes a feeling of bruise in spine
- What causes bruising on base of spine