• question-icon

What causes weakness, fatigue, lightheaded feeling and fullness of stomach?

Posted on Mon, 13 Apr 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: So I've been eating less/more healthy (around 1400-1500 calories and running for about and hour daily), and often times (like right now) I find that after eating dinner, or at the end of the night, my stomach physically feels full (unless my hunger perception is off) however, I feel very weak, fatigue, sort of light headed almost like I haven't eaten enough.In addition to feeling full, my stomach also feels a little bloated/gassy. I got blood results done recently and have no other underlying issues. So I was just wondering if it's possible for my stomach to maybe to feel full,but still not have eaten enough.
Answered by Dr. Urszula Stanko 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
1500 calories is not enough.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to Healthcare Magic.

Teen girls around the 19 years need about 2000 calories per day. Active teen girls need about 2400 calories so you are not eating enough calories.

Your body needs these calories to work. Because it does not get them you feel tired. Neurotransmitter production is limited which can lead to lack of motivation. So that's why you feel weak and light headed.

When you are not consuming enough calories your stomach empties slower and the lining of the intestinal tract can shrink. And in this situation your stomach can "feel" full when you are not eating enough.

You should eat more. Try to eat at least 5 times a day.

Hope I have answered your question. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Urszula Stanko