• question-icon

What causes weakness, fatigue, burping, nausea and concentration problems?

Posted on Tue, 24 May 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi I'm feeling weak and lethargic. Felt hard to concentrate and focus. All day I've felt like my head rushes with a sense of pressure. I've been nauseous with lots of burping and increase saliva production. My blood pressure is alittle higher than normal but no history of hypertention. What could this be and should I go to hospital? ?
Answered by Dr. Shuba Hariprasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Stomach bug, hypertension

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
I am Dr. Hariprasad and would like to help you.

Sorry that you are going through this.

Would you please clarify a few things for me?

1) Do you have any fever, giddiness, loose stools, vomiting?
2) Have you had anything unusual to eat?
3) What is your Blood pressure and pulse rate ?
4) Do you have any palpitations (feeling of heart racing/thumping against chest), breathing difficulty?
5) Do you have any other medical issues like Diabetes, high cholesterol levels, heart disease or thyroid imbalances? any family history of these
6) Are you on medications?

Based on your query, I feel that you may be coming down with a stomach bug.
Your Blood pressure and pulse rate values and answers to the above queries could help reassure me that there is nothing to worry about in that sector.

Burping, nausea and increased saliva production indicate gastrointestinal (stomach & intestine) disturbance. This can be alleviated by proper rest, adequate hydration, small and frequent bland meals. if any new symptoms occur, or if the uneasiness persists, i recommend seeing your doctor

Hypertension can cause pressure sensations in head with nausea. Heart problems can present vaguely as stomach discomfort.
Answers to the above questions could help me answer you better.
Listen to you instincts. If you feel worse, giddy, have chest pain or breathing difficulty , call your doctor right away or visit the ER.

Hope I've answered your query. Wish you good health and please get back if you have further queries
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Shuba Hariprasad