What causes weakness and tingling sensation in the legs?
Increasing leg weakness despite high exercise, sometimes legs get tingly, increasingly harder to go up stairs, low blood sugar.
Your symptoms seems to be pertaining to a few possiblities
Thanks for posting your query,
I have read through your query and I can understand your concern,
Your symptoms seems to be pertaining to a few possiblities that I would enlist below, which is not possible for me to conclude without any labs tests:
- Thyroid profile: in case of descrepancy in thyroid levels, you may experience anxiety, fatigue, tiredness, weight loss, intolerance to heat or cold, palpitation etc.
- Low blood sugar- this will also give rise to frequent leg cramps, fatigue, tingling sensation
- Anaemia- lack of hemoglobin in blood will also give rise to your above symptoms most specifically the leg cramps and paresthesia (tingling sensation)
- Anaerobic exercise- Sometimes when we do strenous exercise, enough amount of oxygen is not supplied to all the muscles and cells in your body. Consequently, you may experience fatigue, cramps, paresthesia.
So I would suggest you to do the following:
* Check your blood levels for Hemoglobin, Thyroid levels and sugar levels
* Do not perform strenuous exercise, but if you do, maintain your heart rate within a range of 100bpm.
* If you are prone for low blood sugar attacks, make sure to take a sugar rich diet before you engage in any exercises. Low blood sugar attacks can be dangerous than high levels. So be alert and keep a check on it.
* You may take any multi vitamin tablets over the counter, as it will relieve your symptoms.
Hope I have answered to your query,
Please feel free to discuss further or else kindly close and give your feedback.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes tingling sensation over spleen area
- What causes numbness and tingling sensation in my hands
- What causes tingling sensation in head
- What causes tingling sensation on face
- What could be the cause for tingling sensation inside ears
- What causes pulsating pain and tingling sensation in left leg
- What causes pain and tingling sensation in hands
- Tingling sensation in arm finger what could be the cause
- What causes tingling sensation and numbness in hands and arms
- Getting tingling sensation in foot what is causing this
- Suggest remedies for severe cough
- How long does Amoxicillin take to show effect?
- What causes weakness and tingling sensation in the legs?
- Suggest treatment for severe abdominal bloating and discomfort
- What causes headache and excessive burping after skipping a meal?
- Suggest treatment for back pain
- What causes mild pain in the ankle while walking?
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of temporomandibular joint dysfunction
- Is pregnancy possible despite taking a contraceptive pill?
- What does this blood test report indicate?