What causes weak bones with hypothyroidism and PCOS?

Dr. Minal Mohit

Endocrinologist

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: my joints have started to crack a lot lately. I was wondering if you could provide any solutions? I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and hormonal imbalance (PCOS) 4 months ago. Kindly advise.
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
calcium and b12, vitamin D supplements

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXX,

Welcome to HCM.

As you are hypothyroid and have PCOS as well, you need to take calcium 1gm, vitamin B12 1500 mcg and vitamin D 1000 IU per day along with your thyroxine medicine. So there are no deficiencies due to thyroid disorder. You have not mentioned weight, but still you must exercise regularly and follow a dietary restriction to avoid weight gain.

Regards!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari
Follow up: Dr. Minal Mohit 34 minutes later
Thank you very much doctor. Appreciate your help.
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you are welcome .

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXX, we are happy to help, more happy to see you have benefited. Regards!