question-icon

What causes watery secretion with blood and lower abdominal pain with irregular menstruation?

Posted on Sat, 28 May 2016
Question: I'm 34 years old. I've had irregular periods from the beginning. however this time I'm experiencing very watery discharge with blood in it and it gushes out when it does. is this anything to worry about? I've also had some lower abdominal pain as well. not sure if it's related
Answered by Dr. Soumya (7 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry about

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns.

The watery secretion you are experiencing is just excess mucous discharge which is absolutely normal.

I don't see any reason to worry.

Abdominal pain is menstrual pain and nothing serious. This pain is not related to excess watery discharge.

Overall this is normal process and there is no reason to worry.

Dr. Soumya

OBGYN