What causes watery and yellowish vaginal discharge?

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 22 Dec 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: Odorless, white/clear/sometimes faint yellowish/ sometimes clumpy looking/ sometimes watery vaginal discharge. No itching. Have been tested at ob/gyn office for bv, yeast, chlamydia and gonorrhea-- all have been negtive. Not pregnant. No pain during urination. Occasional slight vaginal burning sensation. Persistent discharge began late September/early October. Had unprotected sex early September with a new partner after being with my previous partner for 8 years. Took the plan B pill afterwards. Have not had sex since. The discharge is present everyday with the exception of during my period and a few days afterwards. What could be causing this abnormal discharge? Could it be caused by a pH imbalance possibly caused by the Plan B pill? I'm at a loss as to what could be causing it and have run out of things to ask my doctor to test for.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Precautions advised

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mam, thanks for trusting health care magic
It is most likely due to changes in vaginal flora which is common so nothing to worry.
Use perineal hygiene wash daily after bath and use condoms in case you indulge in sex next time.
Keep the area clean and dry and use cotton based undergarments
Also take a single tablet of fluconazole 150 mg and I hope you will be fine
Dr Manisha
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 14 minutes later
Thank you! Where can I purchase a single tablet of fluconazole 150 mg? Are there any other tests that I should ask for besides the ones mentioned above?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Fluconazole is helpful

Detailed Answer:
No dear no need of any testing and let's see the response of fluconazole first.
It is a prescription drug so you can discuss with your doctor or pharmacist regarding the availability