What causes warm sensation on the lower legs?
It is paresthesia, detailed below.
Dr. Hanif warmly Welcomes you!
Thanks for consulting at my virtual clinic. I have carefully worked through your case, and can realize your health worries. Being your physician, I will take care all of your medical concerns.
It is called as paresthesia and has many causes for it ranging from minor to major underlying diseases. All cause nerve damage to some extent.
You are lucky enough that you are non diabetic and nonhypertensive at this age ( I guessed it from the fact that your are on no medications). So it rules out two very important causes of the heat sensations on you legs.
Now coming to other causes, don't cross your legs at anytime during the day and night. Sit straight and legs perpendicular to the thighs, when in a chair. Crossing legs causes nerve compression and cause the paresthesias (abnormal sensations).
Avoid alcohol and cigarette smoking. It also causes the same feelings. Take plenty of fluids daily to detoxify the metabolites from the body and revitalize yourself. It helps in such cases.
Paresthesia due to hyperventilation or an anxiety attack resolves by itself after the attack has passed. If you had any such anxiety attacks consult your physician for that.
Apply Lidocaine cream on the affected area, and take Prednisone by mouth for 2 weeks, to recover any nerve injury. This is the mainstay of treatment for the same.
Have a wonderful time ahead. Hope I answered all of your questions. Let me know if you have any further clinical concerns. I will be happy to get back to you shortly. If satisfied here, please give a five star rating and don't forget to close the discussion.
DR. XXXXXXX HANIF
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes redness in lower leg
- Having fluttering sensation in legs what is causing this
- What caused a pinching sensation in my lower abdomen
- What causes pain and swelling with warm sensation on foot
- What causes burning sensation in lower stomach
- What causes tingling sensation in testicles and lower buttocks
- What causes rmbling sensation in legs
- What causes electrical sensation in lower left abdomen
- What could be the cause for itching sensation in legs
- What causes intermittent warm sensation down the leg
- What causes stabbing pain on the left chest area?
- Suggest treatment for abdominal bloating, cramps and diarrhea
- Suggest ideal calories to maintain good body weight
- What causes stiffness of muscles in body after exercising?
- Is electromyography test advisable while suffering from weak muscles in...
- What caused blocked nose after painting a wooden table?
- Suggest treatment for calluses on foot
- What does this sputum test result indicate?
- Is an overdose of Promethazine syrup harmful?
- What are the contraindications of Ivermectin cream when used on the face?