question-icon

What causes vomiting while on Vizylac and Zifi?

Posted on Fri, 18 Aug 2017
Question: my son 7.5 year old , having stomach pain yesterday and vomiting yesterday night , no vomiting today,but not feeling well , my doctor give vizylac and zifi 100mg , is his right combination of medicine ?
Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar (25 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Vizylac and zifi is a right combination,continue this

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for asking on this platform

I have gone through the prescription.
Most common cause of stomach pain and vomiting in this age is gastritis secondary to infection.
Zifi contains cefixime an antibiotic and it has a good coverage for organisms causing stomach infection.
Vizylac contains probiotic and it helps in maintaining normal gut flora which is damaged during any infection.
As there is no vomiting,medication for vomiting is not needed.If he feels nauseated or there is any episode of vomiting,please give ondem as advised by your doctor.
I suggest you to continue the same.Give plenty of fluids with bland diet(less oily and spicy).

I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Pradeep Kumar

Pediatrician, Cardiology