What causes vomiting whenever i smell egg or meat?

Posted on Sat, 6 Jun 2015 in Healthy Living
Question: I am a vegetarian from my childhood. It's not because of religious belief but because whenever I even smell an egg or meat I vomit immediately (without even eating it). I don't know if it's an allergy or I am sensitive to a particular smell. I want to try burger king and all other tasty non veg foods but I am unable to do so. Is there something I can do medically so that I feel them tasty instead of hurling up.
Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can't change your taste

Detailed Answer:

your repulsion for the meat is very uncommon and it doesn't seem to be an allergic reaction. It's strange why you want to try these foods since you don't like them! Anyway, you can't do anything about your taste or your preferences. If you're so determined to try to change them, you can perhaps get used to the taste by trying very small portions each time, until you feel ready to eat a full meal.

Some individuals cannot get used to certain smells or tastes. This is normal. If you don't have any medical problems (like iron deficiency for example) then there is no real reason to try very hard for it!

I hope I've helped!
You can contact me again, if you'd like any clarifications.

Kind Regards!
Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis