What causes vomiting, wheezing, breathlessness and fever after swallowing a peanut?
Please consult a pediatrician for evaluation
Thanks for choosing this platform
Foreign body in airway is an emergency.
When taken orally peanut may go to the food pipe or to the airway.Any foreign body in airway can cause sudden cessation of respiration.
The symptoms like breathing difficulty,wheeze suggest that the peanut is in airway.
I would suggest you to consult a pediatrician for clinical examination(whether there is decreased air entry on auscultation)or chest xray if needed.
Although peanut can not be visualised in chest xray,but findings like decreased air entry in lung field in xray would hint towards the diagnosis.
I would suggest you to consult a pediatrician to rule out the foreign body in airway.
I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes wheezing in adults
- What causes shortness of breath and wheezing
- Wheezing causes
- What causes chest tightness and wheezing
- What causes wheezing and chest congestion
- What causes wheezing and stuffiness after sinus infection and bronchitis
- What causes chest discomfort and wheezing
- What causes wheezing breathing sounds
- What causes wheezing along with breathlessness
- What causes productive cough with wheezing