What causes vomiting, weight loss, loss of appetite, chest discomfort and abdominal pain?
small meals, reduce use of certain foods,medications
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
As stated in the endoscopy report, the symptoms are likely due to severe reflux.
The severe reflux would have caused the damage to the esophagus and can be associated with damage to the stomach (gastritis )and duodenum(duodenitis) .
This inflammation would cause loss of appetite, bloating, burning discomfort, nausea, vomiting, increased salivation or an acid taste in the mouth.
The test for H pylori indicates that this was negative. H pylori is a bacteria that can cause/worsen reflux and gastritis.
Treatment would involve lifestyle changes and medication
Lifestyle changes are: (1)small frequent meals instead of large meals to reduce acid production
(2)reduced use of mint, onion, citrus fruits, tomatoes, caffeine, chocolate, spicy foods
(3)waiting 2 hours after eating before laying down
(4)weight loss of any excess weight because excess weight presses down on the stomach and contributes to the reflux
(1)medications such as one of these: nexium, prilosec, prevacid, protonix, aciphex would be the best choice
These medications reduce the acid production of the stomach but may take 5 to 7 days for full effect
The ultrasound showed a hemagioma in the liver (this is a benign - not cancer, lesion of the liver).
These are not known to become cancerous and do not usually cause any symptoms
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What can cause abdominal pain with vomiting in child
- Child having vomiting weight loss what is the treatment
- Tuberculosis having skin problem vomiting weight loss treatment
- Persistent vomiting weight loss what could be the cause
- Had gallbladder removed diarrhea vomiting weight loss normal
- How is abdominal pain due to weight loss treated
- Vomiting weight loss no heart burn is it esophageal cancer
- What causes abdominal pain nausea and vomiting
- What causes recurrent abdominal pain with vomiting and acidity
- Abdominal pain loose motions no appetite weight loss please help