What causes vomiting, sweating, chills and diarrhea?
hello and thank you for sending the question.
This sounds like a viral gastroenteritis. This type of illness is usually self-limited and will run its course within 24 to 48 hours. The main concern is that she does maintain some degree of hydration and nutrition during this period of time.
If she's able to tolerate gentle hydration and some calorie intakethen I would suggest continued close observation over the next 12 to 24 hours.
However, if she's not able to tolerate any hydration and if she exhibits signs of worsening fatigue, weakness or lethargy then I would consider bringing her to the local emergency department for evaluation.again the concern would be that she is at risk for dehydration.
I would continue close observation for tonight. If symptoms worsen significantly then I would bring her in for evaluation as described above.
Thank you again for sending the question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes vomiting and body chill with fever
- Chills diarrhea swollen gums causes
- Diarrhea abdominal pain chills nonproductive vomiting now sweats normal
- Headache dizzy faint vomiting diarrhea chills
- Hi i am having vomiting diarrhea chills and
- What is the cause of chills with weakness and vomiting
- Diarrhea watery headache sweats chills
- Fever chills headache diarrhea what is it
- Vomit yellow bile, chills no fever, some diarrhea
- Vomiting and diarrhea and chills
- Is chemo-therapy effective in treatment of carcinoma of the esophagus?
- What does a lump on nipple indicate?
- What causes MGUS with a M-spike of .2?
- Suggest treatment for depression with anxiety
- What causes high BP and low platelet count?
- Suggest treatment for stage 4 rectal cancer
- Can Arimidex usage cause raised bumps on arms and neck?
- What does low WBC count indicate?
- Does Gleason of 9 and PSA of 96 indicate prostate cancer?
- Does my blood work indicate cancer?