What causes vomiting, severe sinus and head pain after taking Oxycodone?

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Child Health
Question: Hi my son had all 4 wisdom teeth out on Friday(5/22). He experienced some nausea that day but was fine and Eating yesterday. Taking oxycodonefor pain. Had two pills at noon today and has been randomly throwing up since. Mostly he is complaining of severe sinus and headache pain.. please advise
Answered by Dr. Arun 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
could be gastritis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Drugs like oxycodone can cause mild gastritis resulting in vomiting.
You can try over the counter Antacids to decrease the symptoms.
However if symptoms persist you need to consult your doctor again.
For headache and sinus pain it could be pain radiating from tooth if so it should respond to oxycodone.
If not settling consult your doctor.
Steam inhalation can help meanwhile.
Ensure plenty of liquids to keephim hydrated.
Wishing your son good health and speedy recovery.
Dr Arun
Dr. Arun

Pediatrician, Pulmonology