What causes vomiting sensation and severe headache in a child?
In present scenario I would like to get neuro imaging done
Thanks for asking to healthcaremagic
I can understand your concern.
I have gone through details and although I have not clinically examined the baby,to me it does not appear to be simple gastritis.
Such severe headache is highly unusual in gastritis.
Severe headache with persistent vomiting can be due to increased intracranial pressure(increased pressure in brain).
There can be various causes of raised intracranial pressure.As you did not give the history of fever infection is unlikely but other causes must be ruled out.
I would suggest you to give Ibuprofen syrup for headache along with lansoprazole(an acid reducing agent) and ondensetron for vomiting.
Also a neuro imaging like CECT brain or MRI should be done to rule out the causes of raised intracranial pressure if any.
I would like to know if there is any visual problem as eye associated conditions can also lead to such symptoms.
Please consult your physician,discuss the need of neuro imaging and get her clinically evaluated by an ophthalmologist.
Please let me know if you have any more query.
Wish your baby good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Continuous vomiting sensation what could be the cause
- What could cause dizziness and vomiting sensation
- Fever headache vomiting sensation causes in adults
- What can cause vomiting sensation followed with pain
- What is the cause of severe headache and vomiting
- What be the cause of constant nausea and vomiting sensation
- What causes vomitting sensation with dizziness
- What causes episodes of severe headache with relief on vomiting
- What causes a severe headache
- What causes vomiting sensation during urination