What causes vomiting of red fluid along with coughing?
It requires to be investigated
Welcome and thanks for your query.
I understand your concern.
If you are vomiting red fluid after a bout of vomiting, it may be blood from a tear at the junction of the food pipe with the stomach ( XXXXXXX Weiss syndrome ). This can be of varying severity and further vomiting can make it worse.
If I were you, I would go to the ER and have it assessed. Also the cause of the persistent cough has to be determined through examination, Xray and blood tests. If you have seen the doctor or have any test results, please upload them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes constant vomiting
- Will sever coughing and vomiting cause miscarriage
- What causes daily vomiting
- What causes vomiting blood
- Cough in children causing vomit
- Waht causes vomiting with cold and cough
- What causes grey vomit
- What causes uncontrollable cough that leads to vomiting
- What causes cough followed by vomiting
- What causes temperature drop along with vomiting