What causes vomiting of green stomach bile?

Posted on Tue, 16 Jun 2015 in Child Health
Question: My son 9 years-27 kg is having vomiting since evening. 3 times. Gave emeset 11.00 pm . Again vomited after 3.5 hours in night. He had pizza yesterday. And ice tea in the day.what to do. Should i repeat the dose once again. The last vomit now was light green watery in colour.
Answered by Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
you can give another dose; follow as advised

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Welcome to HCM.
This is Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta answering your query.

I understand your concern.
If such a patient comes to me, I would suggest soft bland diet for 3 days. As the patient is a child, dehydration can occur easily. So ORS solution should be given in sips to tackle dehydration and fluid loss. Also, anti vomiting medications like ondansetran can be given. You have given emeset. It can be given thrice daily. So the dose can be repeated after 6-8 hours. If loose stool occurs alongwith, antibiotics might be started.

Hope this was useful.
Consult me for further queries.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta