question-icon

What causes vomiting followed by rash on face?

Posted on Fri, 22 May 2015
Question: My child woke up sick - no YYYY@YYYY . Threw-up one hour later. He has a rash on his face.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah (18 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Please, send an image for review!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this vomiting that you have reported. These are suggestive of a viral disease. I will recommend that you send a picture to me for review to make sure this is a viral disease and needs no antibiotics. For now, enough fluids and food intake would be okay. If vomiting becomes so much of a concern, then I would recommend that we try medications for that.

To upload an image, click on the link to upload a file and follow the instructions. If that prove difficult, please send it to YYYY@YYYY and it would be sent to me.

I hope to receive the image for review and more insights on the problem and the way forward from me.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah