question-icon

What causes vomiting followed by loose motions?

Posted on Wed, 13 May 2015
Question: I vomited day before yesterday and have loose motions since today morning. What could be causing this. Can you advise some basic medication that can help
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini (8 hours later)
Brief Answer:
BRAT diet and Fluids

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.

The vomiting and diarrhea could be due to a stomach bug. Stool test may be done to confirm it.

You are more prone for dehydration. To remain well hydrated drink enough fluids and also rehydration solution. A wet tongue and good urine output are indicators of good hydration.

As far as diet is concerned, you can take BRAT diet ( Banana, Rice, Apple sauce and Toast).

Include yogurt also in your diet.

I hope that answers your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr.R.K.
Dr. Ratnakar Kini

Gastroenterologist