What causes vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness and swollen lips?

Posted on Thu, 11 Jun 2015 in Abdominal Pain
Question: woke up with vomiting diarreha shaking and swollen bottom lip

what is going on
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Likely angioedema, Food poisoning may be the cause

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Your allergy history of hay fever with this presentation of vomiting and diarrhea with swollen lip is a classic presentation of angioedema.

You need anti allergics and a short dosage of corticosteroids. meanwhile take some BRAT ( Banana, rice, applesauce, toast) diet for the diarrhea and plenty of fluids for the diarrhea relief.

Apply cool compresses over the swelling, avoid triggers and allergens in future, take a cool bath and wear cotton cloths preferably loose and smooth textured.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.

Khan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan