What causes vomiting at night after taking Losartran while on Lisinopril?

Dr. Divakara

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: My Dr. Recently added losartran to my medications. I also take lisinopril. I have been having digestive problems ever since the losartran was added and woke up last night vomiting in my sleep. Should I discontinue the losartran until I can reach my Dr. On Mon.?
My e-mail address is YYYY@YYYY . Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Divakara 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It depends on your blood pressure.

Detailed Answer:
HI

Greetings from Dr.Divakara.P

Well if the reason for addition of Losartan was uncontrolled blood pressure then it is not advisable to stop Losartan without consulting your doctor. But if your blood pressure was slightly above the normal range before putting you on Losartan then you can stop it till you meet your doctor.

Also I advise you avoid oily food and non veg food and just eat fruits , this shall help you in your digestion.

Hope this information was helpful to you.
Any clarifications feel free to ask .

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj