What causes vomiting and gas trouble post formula feed?

Question
I have 2 months old baby(girl).iam giving her lactogen 1 besides breast feeding as my breast milk is insufficient.she vomits after formula feed and is suffering with gas pain and i observed white chooks in her stool.she is also not sleeping well.tell me whether formula feed not digesting properly.what should i do.
Posted Fri, 29 Aug 2014 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Omprakash Ashokrao Deshmukh 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
formula feed may be the reason

Detailed Answer:
Some reasons are-
Most of the formulas are hard to digest than breast milk.
While feeding formula more air goes to the stomach (bottle feed), and milk flow is quite faster, so there are chances that baby gets overfeed.
Another one is allergy to some component of formula, these are some reason which may cause vomiting and gas trouble.
White thing in stool may be undigested formula.
Try soya based formula, hold the baby upright for half hour after feeding without causing pressure on tummy.
Also check the dilution of formula , it should not be overdiluted or underdiluted.
Hope i helped you.

Follow-up: What causes vomiting and gas trouble post formula feed? 19 minutes later
Then which formula should i use.pls suggest me name and tell me what to do for digestion.iam diluting the formula as indicated on the tin.should i use XXXXXXX milk.

Answered by Dr. Omprakash Ashokrao Deshmukh 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
no XXXXXXX milk.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the follow up.
You can try simyl mct or zerolac formula powder for few days.
After 10 to 15 days you can restart lactogen.
Digeplex drops can be used for digestion after consulting a doctor. XXXXXXX milk should be avoided, cows milk can be given undiluted (boiled and cooled).
Hope i helped you.