What causes vomiting and dizziness during pregnancy?

Dr. Prasad

Posted on Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi , I'm 21 weeks pregnant and I felt sick , had a frothy vomit. Then I laid down for a nap. Woke up an hour later, sweating profusely, tried to stand up.i fell back down on my bed.i tried again , legs so week. I walked over to living room couch and my husband handed me a box of trip ,thinking it's a sign of low in sugar. I did feel better after an hour. 2 hours later I'm puking frothy again.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need a visit to your doctor...

Detailed Answer:

Vomiting, limb weakness, dizziness are common symptoms during pregnancy. However you seems to pronounced symptoms which is concerning. In this instance, I suggest you to get back to your obstetrician. The doctor should record your blood pressure, check blood sugar/thyroid hormones, perform an abdominal and chest examination. The tests will help us arrive at a conclusion.

In the meanwhile I suggest you rest and encourage you to drink fluids and electrolyte solution. Medicines like doxylamine is approved for nausea and vomiting during pregnancy. You can take it if you vomiting persists.

Based on the details provided, I am unable to give any more information. Keep me updated about your current status and your obstetrician's opinion.