• question-icon

What causes vomiting and diarrhea while on Kantrexil?

Posted on Thu, 3 Aug 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Good day, I've been having extremely bad stomach problems in the sense of sitting on the toilet as well as throwing up every now and then from this morning at about 4am. I've taken Kantrexil for my stomach to stop but thus far no luck. Any advice?
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kantrexil, Zofran, Fluids. Probiotics

Detailed Answer:

Apologies for the late reply. I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.

It looks like you have got some stomach bug. You continue taking Kantrexil.

Since you have both vomiting and loose stools, you are at the risk of developing dehydration. Hence in addition to kantrexil drink enough fluids to remain well hydrated. Take oral rehydration solution like pedialyte.

If you are not able to retain any oral fluids, I will suggest Zofran to control vomiting.
If vomiting is persistent, you may have to visit ER for IV fluids.

Take probiotics.
Take BRAT diet ( Banana Rice Apple sause Toast).

Let me know if you have any more questions.
Dr.R.K.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Ratnakar Kini

Gastroenterologist