What causes vomiting and diarrhea in an 15 month old infant?
ORS is the mainstay of treatment
Thanks for asking on Health Care Magic.
I am sorry to hear about your son. He seems to have acute gastroenteritis (AGE). Give him antiemetics like Ondansetron Oral Solution 2mg Three times a day for nest 2-3 days , 15min prior giving ORS . Also give him ORS (oral rehydration solution) to make up for the salt and water loss.
It usually takes 3-5 days for the recovery to occur. Please be patient. Your son would soon be fine back again.
Let me know if you're having any further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes consistent diarrhea
- What causes violent diarrhea
- What causes frequent vomitings and diarrhea in 5 year old
- What causes acid diarrhea
- What causes continuous diarrhea
- What could cause bleeding of the bowelconstipation diarrhea and vomiting
- What can cause diarrhea
- Cause of vomiting and diarrhea in baby
- Diarrhea for 3 months causes
- 7 month old vomiting and diarrhea