question-icon

What causes vomiting and diarrhea in an 15 month old infant?

Posted on Sat, 21 May 2016
Question: My 15 month old son has vomitted 3-4 times today with diarrehea but no fever
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das (29 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
ORS is the mainstay of treatment

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Health Care Magic.

I am sorry to hear about your son. He seems to have acute gastroenteritis (AGE). Give him antiemetics like Ondansetron Oral Solution 2mg Three times a day for nest 2-3 days , 15min prior giving ORS . Also give him ORS (oral rehydration solution) to make up for the salt and water loss.

It usually takes 3-5 days for the recovery to occur. Please be patient. Your son would soon be fine back again.

Let me know if you're having any further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician