• question-icon

What causes vomiting and coughing while on Excedrin?

Posted on Sun, 30 Jul 2017 in Headache and Migraines
Question: I swallowed an Excedrin migraine tablet down the wrong pipe. I immediately started coughing and vomiting. I didn't see the pill come back up and I haven't been able to cough it back up. I'm breathing ok but have a little bit of rattling when I force myself to breath and exhale deeply.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Evaluation by a Doctor is necessary.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HealthcareMagic.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Even if the tablet gone to the respiratory airways, it should be dissolved by now, however, getting checked by your Doctor, or at your ER is necessary to be evaluated about any swelling or irritation of respiratory airways.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical