What causes vomiting after having Naxdom?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Accident and Emergency
Question: my nephew 35 year old has taken naxdom 500 paracetomol and diclovin in drink approximately 7-10 each what is the the cure its been 15 hours now only symptoms are she vomitted after 2hours and again after 5 hours now seem to be quite drowsy, please advice cure
SHE FEEL SLEEPY HOWEVER MADE LUNCH FOR THE FAMILY APPARENTLY NOT THAT ACTIVE AS USUAL
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Needs close monitoring.

Detailed Answer:
The intake of naxdom 500 paracetamol and diclovin in overdose usually causes symptoms like nausea, drowsiness, breathlessness, light headedness and hepatotoxicity.
If there is worsening of symptoms like difficulty in breathing, breathlessness, salivation from mouth, unconciousness, etc then you need to attend an ER immediately.
If the symptoms are mild then you can self monitor her for any deterioration of symptoms and give her plenty of fluids orally.
You can give her some activated charcoal for symptomatic relief. The symptoms will gradually subside in 4-5 days.
You can get a blood test done for liver functions and complete blood picture to rule out any hepatotoxicity and bone marrow depression caused by these.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal