What causes vomiting after falling from bed in sleep?
There is no cause for concern
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
One or two episodes of vomiting is quite common in any degree of Pediatric Head injury. As the height of fall is less, its unlikely to have resulted in any intracranial injury.
As the child is comfortably sleeping allow him to sleep. Look for following signs, if you notice any kindly consult Pediatric Surgeon
1. Repeated vomiting
2. The child looks dull/lethargic and not interested in surrounding
3. Abnormal movements of body: Presence of jerky movements of limbs known as convulsion
4. Refusal to eat/drink
5. Day time drowsiness
I see many such children in my OPD, when there is no obvious external injury, child is playing , eating well , I safely send the babies home with parents.
Giving sugarcane juice is quite beneficial.
Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.
DR Deepak Kishore
Consultant Pediatric Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What cause sleep a lot
- What causes choking in sleep
- What causes tongue to turn black after vomiting
- What is the cause for sleep walk after an injury
- What is the cause for vomiting after eating with ibs
- What causes vomiting after eating fruits
- Over heating while sleeping causing vomit
- What causes sleep disturbances after taking irbesartan
- Vomited after taking doxycycline what is the cause
- What causes restless sleep