What causes vivid nightmares while on Coreg?
Welcome and thanks for your query.
His symptoms are a result of decreased oxygen delivery to his brain and other tissues. The factors contributing are heart failure leading to decreased delivery of blood to the tissues, COPD leading to decreased oxygen delivery to the blood. Coreg has tilted the balance making his symptoms worse because it is a non selective beta blocker. It would produce subclinical constriction of the bronchial tree, thereby affecting the oxygen delivery to the lungs from which oxygen enters the blood. Being a beta blocker, it would also marginally decrease the heart's pumping action and blood circulation unless it was already decompensated from a fast heart rate.
If he doesn't have a kidney decompensation , my approach is to use Aldactone and Imdur to reduce the heart failure instead of coreg.
Do get back to me if you have further queries.
With telemedicine we can interact irrespective of where we live.
You can reach me through http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=68731
or at www.drnoble.in
It was nice interacting with you.
Wish you good health and a great day
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does nortrel cause nightmares
- What causes horrible nightmares
- Nightmares causes
- Do pistachios cause nightmares
- Co amoxiclav cause nightmares
- What causes disturbing nightmare inspite of being a pedophile
- What causes nightmares on the day i masturbate
- What causes bad dreams nightmares
- Gastric ulcers cause nightmares
- What causes scary nightmares