What causes vitamin b12 deficiency?
1.In what frequency i can take vitamin B 12 injection... Weekly once or once in two weeks ? 2.Is it Should be 8 injection
Treatment is personalised based on deficiency and condition.
Vitamin b12 deficiency presents with wide range of symptom/condition. Treatment is personalised based on presenting symptoms as well as grade and severity of deficiency. If you are being advised injectable vitamin b12 and have symptoms of deficiency, there is no harm in taking them every day. In fact with my patients I use once a day injection every day for a week to 10 days followed by oral medications for 2-3 weeks.
Once a week schedule may be appropriate for those who are prone for deficiency (as in vegetarians) where treatment is planned for prevention rather than treatment of current deficient state.
So either of the two - every day treatment or weekly treatment are right. It is based on your treating doctor's assessment.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes vitamin b12 deficiency
- Can gliclazide cause vitamin b12 deficiency
- What is the treatment for vitamin b12 deficiency
- Vitamin b12 deficiency pituitary
- Vitamin b12 deficiency and alopetia
- Vitamin b12 deficiency and dla
- Can vitamin b 12 deficiency cause hallucinations
- Does a vitamin b 12 deficiency cause petechiae
- What are the symptoms of vitamin b12 deficiency
- Vitamin b12 deficiency causes
- Random body aches. Is this the symptoms of flu?
- What is the difference between functional dyspepsia and appendicitis?
- Having spondylisthesis, DDD, facet artropathy, bulging discs. Taking...
- Addicted to tobacco. Tried nicotex chewing gum. Unable to open mouth and...
- Is amitriptyline safe medicine for polymyalgia? What are the affect of...
- Recommended amino acids and proteins after workout. How much protein...
- Diabetic. Have hepatic encephalopathy. Treated with lactulose. Should I...
- Looking best medicine for urinary tract infection
- Had shoulder injury. Hurts to lift arm and having burning sensation on...
- Bruise appeared on thigh after scratching. Hurts to touch. Why is this...