What causes vitamin D deficiency?

Rheumatologist
Question
my vitamin d level is very low. I am tired all the time, accute neurological problem, all my blood work is thrown up. I had my gall bladder removed, few months after that I am tired all the time, all bones are aching, then I did some research and they only I found that if your gall bladder is removed your vitamin D will go very low. Let me know what to do about this.
Posted Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
yes

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I m dr Alok, please to answer your health related queries today
Yes,you are right. May be you have vitamin d deficiency. It is very common all over the world and especially after gall bladder, stomach and intestine surgery.
In my practice, I usually supplement all of my patient with monthly vitamin D (60000U).
Just check your vitamin D level and if there is any deficiency, take vitamin D supplement
Hope this will help