What causes vitamin B12 deficiency?
symptoms and causes are mentioned below.
Welcome to health care magic,
A deficiency of vitamin B12 can lead to vitamin B12 deficiency anaemia.
A mild deficiency may cause only mild symptoms but if it left untreated then it may cause symptoms like
Weakness, tiredness, or fatigue
Fast heartbeat and breathing,
Easy bruising or bleeding,
Stomach upset and Diarrhoea or constipation.
If you are suspecting one or more symptoms as mentioned above then you can ask your doctor for a blood test of serum vitamin B12.
The causes of deficiency of vitamin B12 are,
1) Atrophic gastritis or Pernicious anaemia (low absorption vitamin B12)
2) Crohn's disease, celiac disease,
3) Heavy drinking
4)Immune system disorders,like Graves' disease or lupus
5) Long-term use of acid-reducing drugs.
If you need more information then you can ask me.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes vitamin b12 deficiency
- Can gliclazide cause vitamin b12 deficiency
- What is the treatment for vitamin b12 deficiency
- Vitamin b12 deficiency pituitary
- Vitamin b12 deficiency and alopetia
- Vitamin b12 deficiency and dla
- Can vitamin b 12 deficiency cause hallucinations
- Does a vitamin b 12 deficiency cause petechiae
- What are the symptoms of vitamin b12 deficiency
- Vitamin b12 deficiency causes
- Suggest treatment for IBS while on Thyroxine
- What do white bumps on lips indicate?
- What causes a flush like feeling behind the eyes?
- Suggest treatment for sneezing along with congestion and cold head
- Is applying Onabet and Futop in vaginal area safe?
- Suggest treatment for dizziness and exhaustion
- What causes small lump on lower back?
- Is pain at the back of head relates to the heart?
- What causes itching sensation on anal area post defecation?
- Is it safe to take Plavix when on BP and diabetes medication?