What causes visible veins on the foreskin of the penis?

Dr. Manuel C See IV

Urologist

Posted on Thu, 30 Mar 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: veins above penis on left side of penis but not on right side. I masturbate with my left hand and I am
Wondering if I damaged veins

Can anatomy cause for one side of penis to be shorter?

Thank you! Is it normal for one side not to be as spongy as the other side? If yes why
Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
superficial veins doesn't affect length.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for the follow up questions.

The visible veins in the penis is just superficial and does not and will not affect the length and curvature of the penis.

The structure that determines length are the very big veins in the middle of the penis (corporal bodies) and yes there would be congenital deformities where one side is shorter and harder while the other side is softer and longer. This would cause the abnormal curvature.

To diagnose this, I'd suggest for you to see a Urologist so s/he can determine if your curvature is clinically significant or not.

Please feel free to ask further.

Brief Answer:
Congenital anomalies.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again,

No, normally both sides are equal in consistency and length. But there are cases when a person's born with a congenital anomaly that makes one side harder and shorter.

It might be a congenital anomaly, a defect/physical abnormality from birth. If the penile curvature is severe and it would affect penetration during intercourse then surgery might be needed for correction.

Take Care

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee