What causes visible veins on the breast?
as explained in details.
Thanks for your query.
Noted the history about a 24 year old female having visible veins on left breast - around the nipple and everything - some pain - pain in left arm, elbow, upper left back - had a patch of dry patch of skin between breasts that has disappeared - terrified about breast cancer ...
I can understand your concerns very well.
It looks there are two issues:
1. visible veins on the left breast:
The commonest causes are:
- Idiopathic phlebothrombosis or thrombophlebitis occurs most commonly on chest/breast, behind knee joints. This can be diagnosed by clinical evaluation and examination, is a self-limiting disorder needing no special treatment as the cause is obscure and the treatment is empirical.
- Underlying pathology like any tumor which can be benign or malignant. This can be diagnosed by:
Clinical examination of the breasts, axillae.
Ultrasound/ MRI of the breasts
If suspected to have a lump then guided FNAC- fine needle aspiration cytology and excision biopsy to prove the cause.
Another issue of pain in the left arm, elbow and left upper back is most probably related to the cervical spine/ muscle problems and needs the following:
MRI of the neck for spine and muscles.
I hope this answer helps you for an early and proper diagnosis and the management according to the findings.
Age of 24: to rare to have cancer
I can understand your concerns and anxiety.
The more the anxiety and stress, the more important is to go for the diagnostic procedures as explained above. The medical field depends upon the facts and once you are worried about cancer it is imperative to go for immediate evaluation as discussed above.
I hope you understand the importance as I have tried to explain.
As far as your age of 24 is concerned, the chances of this to be cancer are very very remote and rare.
So do not be scared of cancer at the moment, this looks to be a benign problem unless proved otherwise.
Breast cancer does not spread to arms
As explained above, the pains can be related to cervical spine or muscles and since your GP has already checked you, you may stop worrying unnecessarily.
Has She asked for Mammography and Ultrasound of the breasts?
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes breast to swell
- What causes breast inflammation
- What causes pain in breast
- What causes a sore breast
- Crinone cause veins breast
- What is the cause of green veins on my breasts
- What causes raised vein on breast
- What causes breast thickening
- What causes lumps in breasts
- What causes fibrocystic breast
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in foot from hip to toe
- Suggest treatment for gall bladder stones
- What causes pain and bleeding post rectocele repair surgery?
- Suggest treatment for gastritis
- What causes chest pain and abdominal pain?
- What does this ultrasonongraphy report indicate?
- What causes whitish color of outside of urethra?
- What causes skin growth on buttocks oozing pus?
- What does this EKG report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for darkened glans penis