What causes visible veins on chest and abdomen?
Can be normal. Also seen in certain conditions involving the liver.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. The chest and abdominal veins can be noticeable to a certain extent and may be normal. However, in certain pathological conditions involving the liver, these veings could engorged too. Since there is a component of doubt, I would insist you to get an upper abdominal ultrasonogram and liver function test done and get them evaluated by your doctor. If the results are normal, you need not worry. Chances are that these tests would be fine and in that case you can safely assume it to be normal.
Hope that helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What illness causes visible veins around hips
- Visible green veins on chest causes
- Veins clearly visible on chest and arms causes symptoms
- What causes green lesions and visible veins on shoulders
- Cause visible temple veins
- What causes veins to become more visible
- Visible veins caused by leukopenia
- Women the cause of visible veins in the chest region
- Visible veins abdomen cause
- What causes veins to become more visible on one side of chest