question-icon

What causes visible veins in the cheeks?

Posted on Mon, 19 Dec 2016
Question: hi, what are the vein looking things under my skin on my cheek? they seem to be showing more and more with each week or so.
Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale (5 hours later)
Brief Answer:
It's likely to be Rosacea.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for the query under health care magic XXXXXXX I have gone through it, seen the photos you had sent. I understand your concern.
You have tiny blood vessels under your skin with redness & tiny pimple like rash along with it.It can be-
-Over stretching of skin following obesity, making it papery thin , making small capillaries under it visible, dilated to cause redness of the part.
- This type of web of tiny blood vessels under face skin can be due to aging.. well you seem to be too young to get that.
- A Long running skin condition like this is likely to be Rosacea. It's a skin condition causing dilatation of subcutaneous blood vessels leading to redness, flushing, visible blood vessels on face , small pimples .
* In this respect you should consult a physician . who would examine/ get you investigated to start with specific treatment/ life style changes.
Consultation of skin specialist for treatment & management of Rosacea would help you manage the skin condition effectively.
I hope this has answered your query. Any follow up query you have, I would be happy to help.
Thanks.
Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale