What causes visible green vein on scrotum after masturbation?

Dr. Lohit K

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Men's Health
Question: I had just finished masturbating with a hair tie that was a bit tight around my scrotum and penis. I noticed a vein down the middle of my scrotum has become more green/visible/enhanced. I'm the worry some type of guy and maybe think something is wrong. Can you tell me what it means? I've done it many times and now I feel like it's possibly causing a problem. Not by feeling or pain but visually.
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
engorged veins. no problem. don't repeat

Detailed Answer:

I went through the query and understood your concern.

This green vein suggests that your vein is engorged due to the hair tie which has reduced the venous return. Since you don't have any other complaints or symptoms no need to worry for now. But this type of practice may cause problem due to variations in blood supply and drainage.

For now be relaxed and do your routine activities. Wear loose trousers for good ventilation and use testicular support inner wears. If any pain or visible change in testes then need to consult your doctor once for examination.

Hope this information helps you and answered your questions. Feel free to ask for any further queries. I will be glad to answer them.

Wish you good health.

Follow up: Dr. Lohit K 11 hours later
I just wanted to update you on what it looks like today. Is it something i need to be worried about? They're a little sensitive but not unbearable. On the pain scale on 1-10. 10 being the worst pain they only feel about a 2 or 3.
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
NSAID, testicular support. Scan

Detailed Answer:
Hi

little pain 2/10 may disappear with NSAID like aceclofenac or ibuprofen along with loose trousers and testicular support. If this does not improve with the above medications then better to get examined once or get done scanning of external genitalia to rule out any problem.

Hope this answered your query.
Wish you faster recovery and good health.