What causes vibrating sensations in the breast?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Lump
Question: what causes a "vibrating" sensation in the breasts?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Not related to cardiac issue.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The vibrating sensations in the breasts is not related to any cardiac issue. This can be due to muscle twitches or a minor nerve stimulations. Wearing too tight undergarments can also cause this.
The most likely and common causes for these vibrations are
1... High levels of stress,anxiety,nervousness or excitement or anger.
2... Consumption of excess of alcohol or caffeine.
3...low levels of calcium,potassium,magnesium etc
4... Low levels of VIT B12
5... Use of medicines like anti asthmatics,anti seizure,weight loss medicines etc
6.. Certain disorders like hyperthyroidism or hypoparathyroidism.

I would advise you to get tested for above mentioned causes,stop alcohol and caffeine,do regular stress buster exercises like deep breathing exercises and yoga and taking good nutritious diet.
If some deficiency comes in your tests,then take those supplements.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng