What causes very painful pulling sensation in legs?

Dr. Matt Wachsman

Addiction Medicine Specialist

Posted on Sat, 24 Oct 2015 in Pain Management
Question: hi doc my name is XXXX and my mom XXXX is going throughso much pain in both legs she gets apulling from the bottom of the feet up very painful cant relax what can she do it really hurts me to see her like this she is such a dear and caring mom can you please help her what can she do to releive this pain any help would be appreciated phone 000 000-0000 thank u its when shes sleeping
Answered by Dr. Matt Wachsman 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
can give general information

Detailed Answer:
Without actually being there I can only give general information.
and... nerve pain falls into two categories, nerve injury/being hit, and neuropathy/being sick. The damage occurs in one spot and generally from a known and obvious reason. It goes outward from the problem.

Sick nerves have problems from the ends of the nerve inward. Almost always occurs in multiple spots. These respond to very simple, safe, non-addictive nerve damping drugs such as anti-epileptics, novocaine, and some antidepressants that work on the spine.

All of these need medical supervision. The most common cause of ends of the feet up pain is diabetes and might be helped by getting the diabetes bettter controlled in some people.