question-icon

What causes vertigo with tingling in body and muscle twitches?

Posted on Thu, 4 Sep 2014
Question: I went to the doctor with symptoms and he diagnosed me with vertigo, and I'm going to see an ears, nose and throat specialist. He didn't address my symptom of tingling all over my body, including my face(even in my nose) and head; muscle twitches; metal taste in my mouth, and my thinking and speech seems to slow down. Do you have any ideas of it being anything different?
Answered by Dr. Deepashree (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Consult neurologist.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for your query.
Madam all your symptoms suggest neurological problems.
It is difficult to diagnose without clinical examination.
Vertigo can be because of ENT problem or neurological problem.This needs to be evaluated.
Empirically for vertigo,I would suggest labyrinthine sedatives like cinnarizine.
But these are prescription medicines, not available over the counter.
So I would advise you to consult with the neurologist and get evaluated.
Hope my answers have helped you. Thanks.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Dr. Deepashree

ENT Specialist