What causes vertigo, instability and mild neck pain?

Dr. Aashish Raghu

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 4 May 2018 in Back Pain
Question: i have mild giddyness for past 1 month ( mild dull feeling in head and rotating and imbalance like will fall down) & have bit Neck pain.. i 'm showing to ENT for 2 weeks. looks no issue from there end. thy are suggesting a orthopedics visit once.. do i need to visit Orthopedician or Neurologists, please advise?? any other suggestions.. plz
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ankylosing spondylitis can affect the cervical spine causing vertigo

Detailed Answer:
Hi there

Thanks for the query

It's possible your Ankylosing spondylitis has affected the spine in your neck. This can lead to vertigo and instability.

Do get an Xray and MRI of the cervical spine to confirm.

Avoid lifting weights and bending neck forwards.

Use a hard cervical collar all the time and may be taken off at night.

Take Tablet Diclofenac with Thicolchicoside combination twice a day for 5 days after meals and Tablet Rabeprazole twice a day for 5 days before meals.

Do review with the above investigations as soon as possible.

I hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Dr.Aashish Raghu
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana