What causes vertebral artery kinking?
Dear Dr. Spaho,
I have wonderful news. After a CT w contrast, I saw my neurosurgeon a few days ago. He told me I'm going to be fine. I have a very large vertebral artery that is within normal limits but no other problems. I am so relieved I cannot tell you! No aneurysms or anything. His advice is to continue on gabapentin and adjust it as needed for the severe headaches which may be caused by pressure on a nerve.
I am doing that, and beginning to get more sleep too, especially now that that my stress level is so much improved. The headaches are improving too.
If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them.
It means there are no restrictions to be treated.
Hello again XXXXXXX
I'm happy to hear good news from you.
So, maybe it was only a "kinking" of a large vertebral artery, but nothing else.
It means that you have no restrictions about being treated.
Since you are experiencing improvement with Gabapentin use you should continue it for now.
Just follow up with your Doctor about cervical issues.
Hello Dr. Spaho,
Thank you so much for all your help. I am so glad this ordeal is behind me. I think I can handle most anything now that this is over. I can again concentrate on what I do best. My son is recuperating from injuries from a traffic collision, and I am the designated nurse/taxi driver. He is unable to walk yet, but has worked up to a walker from a wheelchair due to a broken femur and wrist on the R side.
You cannot know how much you have helped me, and how much I truly appreciate your help
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Narrow vertebral artery and pregnancy
- Vertebral artery aneurysm causes
- Vertebral artery screening tests
- Vertebral artery stroke
- Vertebral artery injury causes
- Vertebral artery stenosis causes
- Vertebral artery dissection causes
- Blocked vertebral artery
- Vertebral artery insufficiency
- Symptoms of blocked vertebral artery
- What causes tingling and pins and needle sensation on the left side of...
- What causes numbness in feet and ankles?
- What causes mouth spots and pit in forehead?
- What causes tingling feeling in shoulder?
- Suggest treatment for panic attacks, non functional rectum and memory loss
- What causes numbness in the right side of foot and leg?
- What causes burning sensation and tingling in hands and feet?
- What does my CT scan suggest?
- What causes shortness of breath in a patient with fibromyalgia?
- What causes severe muscle twitches at night in shoulders and arms?