What causes vaginal spotting after taking Plan-B?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Tue, 4 Apr 2017 in General Health
Question: Hi, so I had protected sex but when he pulled out the condom stayed but it wasn't like stuck in me just kind of loosely sitting there. I decided to take plan b one step to be safe. I took it within like 3 or so hours. It has been a week since the incident and I have experienced dark brown thick discharge. Could this be a sign of implantation or is this plan b at work? Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is plan B at work!

Detailed Answer:

This is no sign of implantation. Plan B is known to cause all these minor distortions in menses. Be patient and this will soon be resolved. How early you took this plan B and the precocity of the discharge makes pregnancy impossible.

I wish you well. Kind regards.