• question-icon

What causes vaginal spotting after missing Levlen dosage?

Posted on Wed, 9 Aug 2017 in Women's Health
Question: Hi, I am 22 years old and have been on Levlen Ed since XXXXXXX I missed a pill about a week and a half ago and started getting light spotting which was brown. This spotting turned into something that resembles a light period, but brown in colour with no red or pink in sight. I am on Levlen for suspected Endometriosis and have been told not to take sugar pills every month. Should I consult my gynaecologist or is this pretty normal?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
This is normal.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Missing a pill will cause a withdrawal bleeding that can be just a spotting or a light bleeding. This usually subsides in 5-7 days. This is a normal finding and is not worrisome. You need to continue taking the pills as prescribed without missing any pill.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 39 minutes later
Thanks so much! Unfortunately, it has been gping on for about 10 days and today seemed to be worse, not better. I have continued taking the pill over the course of the last week and a half and will continue to do so. I am hoping that the bleeding subsides soon. Thanks so much for your help
Brief Answer:
The bleeding will subside gradually.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The bleeding will subside on its own. You can take Pause MF in case the bleeding is heavy.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN