What causes vaginal spotting after hard physical activity?
My mother had spotting for a couple of days after intense activities. She has done biopsies and ultrasound as her uterus wall is very thick (3cm) which is not normal for a 72 years old lady. As the results show, she doesn't have any signs of cancer but the doctor said that he needs to scrap the walls of the uterus. I'm not sure if that's for prevention or it's a treatment and what are the side effects. Would it be best to remove the uterus totally?
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
I have gone through your query and would like to offer my opinion.
1. when the spotting was observed after intense activity, it is likely that she could be having some polyps in the endometrium owing to the thickness. Also, the use of anticoagulants should be considered in her case where exacerbation of any spotting can occur.
2. The doctor is probably referring to an endometrial biopsy and a fractional curettage, which is often done is such a situation. The aim is to scrape off as much endometrium as possible and also to check for any abnormal pathology.
The procedure can result in some amount of bleeding. It is preferable to stop anti-coagulants for a day or two prior to the procedure after consulting your doctor.
3. The decision to remove the uterus should be arrived at after the dilatation and curettage is done. It is to be left to the judgement of your doctor. If the discomfort is persistent even after proper treatment, hysterectomy may be suggested.
Hope your query has been answered. Please feel free to contact for further information. I will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes spotting after ovulation
- What is the cause for reg vaginal spot
- What causes spotting after sex
- What causes exhaustion after physical exertion
- What causes vaginal spotting at age 63
- What causes blotchy cheeks during physical activity
- Irregular periods spotting after strenuous activity what is the cause
- What causes spotting after period
- Causes for vaginal spotting after bowel movement
- What are the causes of vaginal discharge and spotting
- Have had cesarean. What are the chances of cesarean for next pregnancy?
- Fetal heart rate 112-118 at 6 weeks pregnancy. Is this normal?
- Missing periods after mirena coil fitted. Should I be worried?
- Have PCOD. Advised gynaset. Looking for suggestion
- Pregnant. Started spotting, no cardiac activity seen. Taling fertigyn...
- Got delayed and prolonged period. What am I suffering from?
- Took postpone - 72 after unprotected sex. Started spotting. Side effect...
- Had novasure procedure. Getting smelly light red discharge. Any infection?
- Took paxil for anxiety disorder. Had unprotected sex. Missing period and...
- How to postpone my period date?